The 18th was our 3rd anniversary. Josh was a little bummed because apparently it's tradition to go to a ballgame and we weren't able to last year OR this year.
Because of Josh's work schedule we had to celebrate the weekend before. Josh had big plans to head up to Houston or Dallas and catch a pro game and do some other fun things. Unfortunately, that ends up being a pretty pricey weekend. So I suggested we stay close by and explore Austin- something we hadn't really done yet. We had a GREAT time! We went kayaking and it was nice to be out in the sun. Parts of the water were REALLY mossy and kind of nasty, but after we got out of the little waterway it cleared up quite a bit. We saw lots of fish and several turtles. Josh loved the turtles- he also loved racing over to them and scaring them into the water! After kayaking we explored Barton Springs Natural Swimming Pool. For those of you familiar with Naperville, it's Austin's version of Centennial Beach. It's a lot skinnier, but other than that pretty similar in size. They had a diving board a little sandy area. There was steep grassy areas on each side to lay out and such. The water is spring fed and is a constant 68 degrees apparently. We learned that's a lot colder than it sounds! The bottom of the "pool" is rock- pretty uneven so watch out for stubbed toes. It's also REALLY slippery! We had a nice time cooling off and exploring the little place- there were a lot of European tourists there. Very interesting. Austin is a very diverse place with all kinds of people- and it even has some wanna-be skyscrapers. I miss those.
After we got all dried off and changed we decided we would go mini-golfing, something we haven't done in ages. Come to think of it, I'm not sure we've EVER done it together? I had to practice so I can beat everyone back in OIB next week :-) I found out that I'm WAY out of practice and I'm pretty sure I was only good at grandma and grandpa's course. I guess we'll find out soon enough! This was actually a pretty crappy course- the greens and holes were not maintained well- it made it difficult. Josh came out champion, but not by much. Josh was all about using his Urban Spoon app on the I-phone to find a place for dinner. I can't even remember what it was called, but it was a little hippie burger dive. Cool little place. Josh had fish and a twice-baked potato, and I had a bacon cheddar burger and fries. The burger wasn't all that great, but the fries were yummy. Josh said his was great! His twice-baked sure was :-) Good thing I wasn't very hungry anyway...
After our late dinner we decided to meet up with the Weilands in Round Rock. I thought I had a couple more weeks to go visit them, but they were leaving the following Wednesday to move to Boise, ID. I had to get in a quick visit! Tim was in MN for his training with Apple, but we got to see Amy, Coop, and Bay. They are all just too cute. Bailey was working her last night at Subway so we went to hang out there. She makes a mean sandwich- just like a pro :-) It was really fun to see them, I'm sad we didn't get to hang out with them more while they were so close. I guess we'll have to take a journey to Boise soon!
Oh, and in case any of you were worried, we DID get to catch a ballgame on our ACTUAL anniversary. I surprised Josh by showing up at the ballpark that night. Even had a picture and message on the video board for him :-) He had no idea I was there- they had to stop him and make him watch the board and then tell him I was in the stands. He was pretty surprised and even more embarrased I think. He had a break in his duties so we got to watch a couple of innings of the game together. I didn't want to be the one breaking our "tradition..." Here's what the video board said:
I can't remember which picture they actually put up, but these are a couple of our engagement photos...
The note said:
"After 3 years the White Sox are still better than the Mariners.
Happy Anniversary!"
Love, Wifey
Sad thing is Josh thought his buddy was the one that came up with the message. Like I'm not clever enough to tease him or something :-) He actually wasn't sure how I had managed to accomplish all of this- I think he was impressed with my mad planning and coordinating skills. If I had really been on top of it I would have gone on the field with him and given him a BIG smooch in front of everyone, but that takes a lot more time and skill to coordinate. I think I pulled enough favors for one night!!
Anyway... Happy Anniversary to us! We've been a lot of places and experienced a lot of ups and downs over the past 3 years. I couldn't have picked a better person to go through it all with. Regardless of how much I tease him, he really is amazing and I am lucky to have him in my life. Thanks for asking me to marry you, babes!!!


2 comments:
ah so cute!
What a fun idea!! And um, i had no idea you were pregnant, congrats!!! Keep us updated.
Post a Comment