Friday, February 25, 2011

New Years 2010

Nick & Stephani
Ok, so I am a little behind on the blogging.  I wish I had a good excuse but I just do not.  I was going to do another Christmas post but now I am just too lazy.  I'm moving on to New Years.  We had a low-key celebration with our friends Nick & Stephani (and their 2 cute boys).  We graciously invited ourselves over to their house for a night of games and food. 

Josh got me Mexican Train for Christmas so I was dying to play.  I totally dominated.  We also played speed solitare.  It's been a LONG time since I've played that (freshman year of college, anyone?) so it took me some time to catch on.  Nick is insanely fast- like he has two sets of eyes and two sets of hands. 
Wow... midnight is not flattering on us anymore.
 We had a lot of fun just hanging out.  Right before midnight one of their little ones got up with a nice surprise for them.  Not only had he wet the bed, he had wet THEIR bed!  He came to the top of the stairs and said "hey, i'm naked."  Such a funny kid.  And he really likes Josh.  He even knows his name and can remember who he is when he sees him.  I think it's because Josh plays at this level :-)

Thank you to my family for teaching me a game that I am actually good at (Mexican Train)

It's not a New Year's celebration without the Carson Daly countdown!

Sparkling grape juice (red&white), raspberry ginger ale, ice cream, sherbet, chips & salsa, apples w/ caramel dip, brownies

1 comment:

Nick said...

Ha....I just looked at your blog for the first time and saw this. Good times!!! It was a fun New Year's!