**BABY ELI**
![]() |
| smiling at his mommy within the first hour of life |
Elijah Tyndale Donat
Wednesday January 26, 2011 (1 week early)
8:44pm
8 lbs. 14 oz.
20 1/4" long
He is the love of our lives. Someone asked me the other day what the difference is between the love for your husband and the love for your baby. All I could say was how amazing it was to see the love in Josh's eyes for Eli as soon as he was delivered and knowing that I loved Josh more in that moment than I ever had before. And then seeing and holding my baby and loving him so immediately. It was incredible.
I had such an amazing birth experience. Totally and completely calm, peaceful, and full of laughter and love. I am grateful for the amazing nursing staff and my incredible doctor that made the experience so beautiful. And a big thank you to my stupendous husband for his coaching abilities and undying support and love through the process. {The nurses were so impressed with him that they suggested he sell his services to those women whose husbands suck as birth coaches}. If you would like to know all the details of my birth story I would love to share them with your privately. You can e-mail me at mooneyluv@gmail.com.
I was prepared for a somewhat ugly miss-shapen baby. That's what they prepare you for in all the classes. What I got was a perfect and alert baby. His head was perfectly round and beautiful. His eyes were wide open and he immediately grabbed my finger as he was placed on my chest. He was so beautiful from the very first moment of life. Josh and I feel so blessed and privileged to be the parents of such an amazing little guy. He has certainly taken our hearts captive <3.

3 comments:
It is nice to hear that someone else in has a good nice calm labor/delivery experience. Mine was really ideal if I am allowed to say that (knock on wood) It really is amazing how perfect these lil ones are and the love for them makes everything in the whole world worth it. Sometimes when Connor was sleeping I would walk in to check on him and my eyes would just start to water. Congrats on a perfect lil boy! I look forward to watching him grow up :)
so sweet, lauryn. i feel the love just reading this! can i hear your birth story? my email is jjandbethsines@hotmail.com
so precious! yes, please email me your birth story. i would love to hear if you would like to share!
Post a Comment