Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recipe Contest

I NEED HELP!!

I am in desperate need for some new recipes.  I keep making the same 6 things over and over again.  If I am sick of my favorite foods then Josh must be dying (poor guy). 

Here is my proposal- each of you leave a comment on the blog or send me a facebook message/e-mail with your favorite recipe(s).  I will select 5 recipes that seem to best fit our family taste/lifestyle and I will make them.  From those 5 recipes I will choose our new family favorite and the winner will get some kind of prize.  Deal? 

*disclaimer:  I don't care for fish/sea food.

Please invite your friends to join the challenge and feel free to leave multiple recipes!  I hope to be greatly inspired by all of you and your domestication! 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

ohh this is fun! I have a TON but I will try to contain myself. Here is one of our newer favorites: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/southwestern-egg-rolls/detail.aspx
It isn't the quickest dinner but SO worth the time! I bake them, read the ratings to get additional tips on making these. Serve with this sauce: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amys-cilantro-cream-sauce/detail.aspx

Danielle said...

Here is one more, this is what we had for lunch/dinner tonight. Copy cat Olive Garden Zuppa toscana:

1 lb sausage
1.5 tsp crushed red peppers (Jayce doesn't do well with spicy so I only put a small pinch but I WISH I could put more)
1 medium diced white onion
4 Tbsp bacon pieces (or more if you so desire)
5 cups water
2 tsp minced or pureed garlic
5 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
3 medium to large potatoes, cut into small cubes
1/4 bunch of kale (I like kale so I make sure there is enough that every spoonful has kale in it)

1. saute sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refridgerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, saute bacon onions, garlic over low-medium heat until onions are soft.
3. Add chicken broth and water to pot and bring to boil, then add sliced potatoes and cook until soft (15-20 min?)
4. Add the heavy cream and just cook until thoroughly heated.
5. Stir in sausage and kale, let all heat through and serve.

YUMMY! Serve with salad and bread for dinner. Makes a great leftover lunch.

Holly said...

I don't even know where to start- I'm a mess- ALWAYS trying new recipes

Here are my top three (well today anyway :)-
http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2008/06/chicken-bow-tie-pasta.html

http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2010/09/ham-swiss-rolls.html


http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2011/03/crock-pot-creamy-southwestern-chicken.html

and Zach's top three-

http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2010/12/pork-chops-in-crock-pot.html

http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2008/04/panda-express-orange-chicken.html

http://life-should-be-delicious.blogspot.com/2008/03/dutch-oven-chicken.html

Danielle said...

Okay, can I do one more? This one is a breakfast dinner, super easy and fast and SO good.

French Toast BLT
-Make french toast, whatever your favorite recipe is. I just make plain easy french toast.
-Cook some bacon, one to two per BLT
-One sliced tomato and piece of lettuce per BLT.

Layer and eat with lots of syrup! I could eat 3 of these but I don't because then I might have to wear my preggo jeans again. :)