Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fall Review

Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, & Guitar
Josh is big on making sure we do family coordinating halloween costumes.  He really wanted to be super-heros but I said there was no way I was going to wear spandex.  Plus, there is really no way to be a girl superhero modestly.  We settled for Tim, Faith, & their little guitar.  Josh wasn't totally convinced but got cowboy boots and a cowboy hat our of it so he was pleased in the end :-)  I think Eli's costume turned out really cute.  I now realize how I could have made it better, but hind sight is always 20/20!  We rocked our costumes at the ward trunk-or-treat.  On Halloween Josh and I dressed up as farmers so we could get $2 boo-ritos at Chipotle.  Eli went trick-or-treating with his friend Julia (her 1st birthday was on Halloween) and another little friend, Eleanor.  They mostly had fun trying to eat their candy bags!

Say cheese!
Lately Eli has been such a ham.  Whenever we get the camera out he puts on this big grin.  We kind of love him and all of his cheesiness!  Most of these photos are just to give you an update on the little guy.  The one above is pre-haircut and the rest are post-haircut.  He had his first haircut back in October, but this recent one was done by me!  It was my first time with the buzzers.  It's a little shorter on top than I wanted, but he's still cute and it will grow.


Eli is always climbing under the desk and getting trapped under our chairs.  For some reason he can climb in but can't figure out how to climb out.  It's really funny to me.  He was all smiles because I was laughing and got the camera out.  He started freaking out a little after this- he does not like to be retrained/restricted in ANY way.


Look at him go!
He's been walking along furniture since he was about 6 mo. old.  He's been taking steps on his own since he was about 8 or 9 months, but this week he really stepped it up.  One day he just started walking like crazy.  He walked across the apartment and hasn't looked back.  He can even turn and manuever.  He's getting really good at pausing and re-gaining his balance.  It's fun to watch him learn but man is he all over the place.  Today at church was interesting- he doesn't care where he is going as long as he is going!  I look at all the other kids that sit nicely on their parent's laps or sit quietly on the floor with a toy.  Not our little man.  He's on a mission exploring every second.  No complaints here- he is so fun and happy.  I love our little man.  How could you not with that sweet smile?



2 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

oh my goodness, i doubt you had any idea that you'd have a walker on your hands so soon!! : ) he is adorable. he looks just like you i think.

Brandon Moon said...

Can't wait to see Mr. E!